Saturday, September 19, 2020

Melodies, art and miracles....

 I was reading one of my devotions today from The Upper Room Ministries and wanted to share these wonderful revelations....

As I walk each evening after work, I purposely do not have portable music running through my ears....I listen to the birds chirping, the rustling of the leaves of the trees I walk past, and enjoy the calm of the waters gurgling in the stream beside the trail.  It is truly God's symphony!!  Think of that!  God creates melodies in nature all around us!!! His artwork is incredibly beautiful, serene and gorgeous!  His miracles surround us every day, yet do we see them?  Do we look for them?  To we watch for them?  There are a million peaceful sounds that we can hear just by going outside and listening!!!

Today, go for a long walk....or, tonight,go outside and look up at the stars, clouds or whatever is shining down from above.....listen for the sounds of the locusts, the crickets, the frogs in the distance...and listen for your neighbor's wind chimes....don't let the distractions of our everyday life rob you of the beauty of nature and God's Glory!

Then, listen for the voice of God speaking to your heart.  What do you hear?  A melody of joy from Him? Do you see the artwork He created in you?  Have you witnessed the miracle of life?  God has provided an entire natural symphony in His creation.  Just for you....just for me!!!

Go.....experience it!  

Still your mind and your heart and listen.....for He says in Psalm 46:10:

"Be still and KNOW that I am God." 

No comments:

Post a Comment