Sunday, April 25, 2021

Scattered...

Scattered……

Distributed loosely….disseminated….dispersed….sprinkled…..strewn…..sown….thrown.

When was the last time you scattered grass seed in your yard?  Some of us have a “spreader” to help us disperse the seed evenly, others use a small hand held device that does the same and yet others literally use their bare hands to scatter the seed.

How about your heart? Your life?  Does it feel “scattered?” Are there scattered pieces that you would like to gather?  Or perhaps, that you would like to sprinkle down to the next generation? 

Think about that for a moment.  What would you like to scatter to others?  Do you have interpersonal skills or analytical skills to share and teach those around you?  Do you have the gift of hospitality that you could scatter to others on a regular basis?

Could you sprinkle some happiness to those in your sphere of influence? What about joy? What could you share that would bring you pure joy or give another that type of joy?  A smile? A hug?  A card or letter?  A phone call to someone you have not talked to in a long time?  Pure joy doesn’t cost a lot of money.  It is an intrinsic emotion that is given in an instant like when my son was born.  That was pure joy.  He is pure joy!  And, his life has “scattered” joy into my life ever since he was born!

Will you disseminate love to your family and friends?  How can you disseminate love to all you meet? 

How about sowing seeds of faith to the next generation?  The Bible says in Matthew 17:20: “If you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, “Move from here to there, and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you.”

IF you have faith.  Even a small amount of faith like the size of a mustard seed.  Have you ever seen a mustard seed?  I have a pin that was given to me years ago in BeFriender Training that has a mustard seed encased inside a plastic bubble.  It is SO small.  Faith that small can allow you to move a mountain?  Yes, absolutely it can.

I have witnessed many mountains being moved in my lifetime.  And, I believe it is because I have had faith that gives me courage, love and a sense of peace that passes all understanding as well as a deep abiding joy.  This seed of joy is like a buoyancy that never goes away.  It gathers all the scattered pieces of my life and heart and brings them to a mountain of God. He brings all these scattered seeds together and this relationship brings my life pure joy.

Is my life scattered?  You bet!  Yet, it is a life strewn across almost 65 years and one that I will never regret those scattered parts of my heart.  I would never throw away those scattered parts even when I am broken at times.  I have been lost at other times, yet I am held in the hands of a loving God who takes my scattered, broken life and mends every fracture in my heart and gathers evert seed into something good.

Scattered.  Gathered.  Whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment