Sunday, June 2, 2019

All Nature sings and round me rings....

I've been singing an old Hymn in my head and found the words this morning to 'This is My Father's World."
What a beautiful poem these words were at first in 1886 which were penned by a gentleman named Maltbie Babcock at Syracuse University in New York.  He was a "proficient vocalist" as some of his professors called him.  His first assignment in ministry was at the First Presbyterian Church in Lockport, New York.  He was able to enjoy hiking and running in the hills outside of the town where he lived and worked, and often told his secretary that he was "going out to see my Fathers world."

What a great picture that is!!!  Hiking and running outside in nature.......soaking up God's glorious creation!  

As one verse in the song says:  
"This is my Father's World, and to my listening ears, 
All nature sings and round me rings, the music of the spheres.
This is my Father's world, I rest me in the thought
Of rocks and tress, of skies and seas, 
His hand the wonders wrought."

Just think of that!!  All around us are rocks, trees, flowers, every rain drop, and each sunset - He is present in all that He created!!!  Wow......that is amazing!!!

"This is my Father's world,
The birds their carols raise;
The morning light, the lily white
Declare their Maker's praise.
This is my Father's world,
He shines in all that's fair.
In the rustling grass I hear Him pass
He speaks to me everywhere."

Birds raise their carols - have you listened to them recently?  Have you raised a song lately?  Have you poured out your praise for the many, many blessings in your life?  If not, fill up a bird feeder outside your window and sit down to watch the wonder of His nature....their songs are exquisite!!!  Let your song be one of praise, too!

He shines in all that's fair.......wow!!!  He's beside us in the rustling grass....have you noticed???  My mom always felt His presence beside her.....every day....every moment.  It was wonderful to have her tell all four of us kids that often.....He's there.....ask Him to walk beside you today...He's waiting for you.

"This is my Father's world
O let me never forget
That though the wrong seems oft so strong
God is the ruler yet.
This is my Father's world
The battle is not done;
Jesus who died shall be satisfied, 
And earth and heaven be one."

Oh, how I pray that I will never forget.....never forget that the Lord will never leave us nor forsake us!  It is one of His mightiest promises in the Bible!!!

All nature sings and round me rings..........the music of the spheres!
Catch a glimpse of it today and sing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment