Friday, August 29, 2014

An anchor for my soul..........

As we approach the end of summer and the beginning of the seasons changing once again, I find myself reflecting on what holds my life together.  What anchors me?  What allows me to be held or kept in a place of peace and/or contentment?  What holds me to a specific harbor, if you will? 

An anchor is a metal device that is attached to a vessel and cast overboard to keep the vessel in place.  To be anchored is to be held or to hold onto.  If we are talking about a ship, it is many times anchored in a harbor or moored in a specific location.

What location are you in at this moment?  Are you in a place of peace?  Contentment?  Calmness?  Tranquility?  Do you feel composed?  Do you have serenity in your soul?  What causes that in a person's life?  As you can imagine, there are many, many answers to those questions and I hope you will investigate and find your own answer....

For me, the answer is found in one of my favorite Scripture verses in Hebrews 6.  This verse confirms where my soul anchors itself to and what gives me supreme peace amongst a world torn with suffering.

Hebrews 6: 16-20 says:
"Men swear by someone greater than themselves, and the oath confirms what is said and puts an end to all argument.  Because God wanted to make the unchanging nature of His purpose very clear to the heirs of what was promised, He confirmed it with an oath.  God did this so that, by two unchangeable things in which it is impossible for God to lie, we who have fled to take hold of the hope offered to us may be greatly encouraged.  We have this hope as an anchor for our soul, firm and secure.  It enters the inner sanctuary behind the curtain, where Jesus, who went before us, has entered on our behalf.  He has become a High Priest forever, in the order of Melchizedek."

Does that verse speak to you in your soul?  Do you have hope?  Do you have a firm and secure place to anchor your soul?  Think about your answer and reflect on what harbor you may be in at the moment.

I believe there is an anchor for each soul........and, I know there is something that holds me safe from winds of adversity, sickness, fear, doubt and the troubles of this world.  There is Someone who holds me close.  Someone who never leaves me nor forsakes me.  And, that Someone is Jesus Christ.

I pray each of you will find this peace and comfort.  I pray you will find this anchor for your soul.  It is an incredible "knowing" that I am home where my "True North" is and my soul belongs.

No comments:

Post a Comment