Sunday, January 18, 2015

Cleansing tears.......

Tears.......we all have them.  One situation or another throughout our lives brings us to the point of tears. We as women and men come to the point of tears for many reasons.  Some people, like me, are very soggy and tears flow freely; others, cannot let the emotion show until a breaking point and nothing else can be done.  Tears..........cleansing tears are finally released.  A flood starts and doesn't seem like it will ever end.

I was told while going through my divorce back in 2000, that tears were our way of clearing the path to God.  And, that tears were one way God cleanses us, heals us, and gives us new life.  I found this wisdom to be so true.  When the floods came, I felt as if they would never, never stop.  Yet, here I am, 15 years later and those tears have stopped - for the most part.  Once in a great while, I sigh a sigh of relief, and yet regret because of what my son had to endure.  What I had to endure to become healthy, whole.  Tears for me are a release and a blessing.  Now, I have tears of joy!!!  Many times, my heart swells so much with gladness that I cannot do anything else, but cry!!!  Tears.........come from tender hearts........come from wading through our loss and our love to our JOY!

Patsy Clairmont wrote these wise words in the margin of my Women of Faith Bible:
"To become tender hearted, insightful and responsive to the Lord and others, we must first wade through our own losses.  That means a willingness to feel the effect of our loss, to examine our hearts under the tutelage of the Holy Spirit, to release tears and to relinquish our rights to understand.  In doing so, we will feel the pain, but we'll learn appropriate ways to express it.  Sometimes, it will be through the healing release of tears, prayer, some form of art, or words - either spoken or written."

Pretty insightful, wouldn't you say?  I love Patsy's writing!!!  She has several great books - look her up and see what you find!!

One reason I came upon this reading today was that I was looking up this verse in Habakkuk 3:17-19:
"Though the fig tree does not bud, and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen, and no cattle in the stalls, YET I WILL REJOICE in the Lord, I will be JOYFUL in God my Savior.
The Sovereign Lord is my strength; He makes my feet like the feet of a deer, He enables me to go on the heights."

Wow.........what a verse and what incredible insight!!!  
"Yet I will rejoice.........in the Lord!
I will be joyful in God......my Savior!!!"

I pray that today, if you are to the point of tears, you will allow them to flow freely, openly, fully.  Tears cleanse our hearts, our souls and our minds.  Yes, there is the result of red, puffy eyes and sometimes a headache so throbbing that we have to lay down with a cold cloth on our head.  But, perhaps, that is just what you need:  REST!!!  Rest in the Savior's arms.........His everlasting Love surrounds us each moment.  I pray you will feel that soothing love today.  Blessings abound and tears are one of them!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment